You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4110 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 3 posts

Tuesday, March 20th 2007, 3:43am

by HooKooDooKu

Pretty much a ditto on what Tom says.

With an RP, you have to allow for the situation where one of the backflow seals has become compromised and water starts gushing out of the discharge hole in the RP. Under that worst case situation, a 5-gallon bucket is going to quickly be swamped.

About the only situation that I could see an RP being allowed to be burried would be a situation where it's on a hill such that there is an open drain to lower elevation so that the underground chamber can drain at a faster rate than the RP could discharge water.

Tuesday, March 20th 2007, 3:04am

by Tom

No, you cannot bury the RP. It has to be installed so that there is no possibility of being under water- i.e. 12" minimum above ground.

You could build an enclosure for it above ground, but the enclosure must have a properly sized drain.

Monday, March 19th 2007, 6:15pm

by kedge12

RP or DC for my layout?

I have a 5/8" water meter in a buried box near the street in a 3.5 ft strip (square really) of grass. My preference is to install an RPBA instead of a DCVA as I may want to use injected fertilizer in my irrigation system, however both are legal in my area if I do not use fertilizer injection. The water meter is about 3' to 5' below the house grade.

Could I just bury a 5-gallon bucket sans bottom and filled with crushed rock under the RP valve and let the water disperse? City static water pressure is advertised at 90 PSI. I will need to install an accessible buried box next to the water meter box as it is pretty crowed in there right now.

Thanks for any advice you may have.