You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4319 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 3 posts

Monday, August 21st 2006, 2:44pm

by Wet_Boots

The "riser extension" has been manufactured for decades, in PVC, brass, and now, Marlex, as well.

Monday, August 21st 2006, 9:21am

by mrfixit

Hi there. They have marlex extensions which can be cut to length that are male x female. Also PVC fittings with MxF. Check with your local Irrigation supply house such as Ewing.

Monday, August 21st 2006, 5:59am

by ralderson

Why Aren't These Made?????

I periodically have to raise an existing sprinkler head. I have looked at Home Depot, Lowes, online suppliers, etc. and can't find a simple riser extension with a female connection on one end and a male connection on the other! They all have male connections on both ends, which means that you always have to add some kind of coupler which adds unwanted length!

Why doesn't someone manufacture the obvious and very simple extension which would simply add the needed length to extend your risers? One could simply unscrew the existing head which has a male connection, replace it with an extension which has a male end, and it would then receive, at its other (female) end, the male end of the sprinkler head. It's such a simple and useful concept, yet I can't find any mfg. that makes it!

Anyone know of such a part and how to obtain it?