You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4321 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 8 posts

Friday, August 18th 2006, 7:09pm

by MrPennypacker


I came across the following Toro valve information to help me understand these Irritrol valves. It may also help you:

Saturday, August 12th 2006, 4:02pm

by bethany

I also have 2400 T globe valves and some have levers on them and some do not what does that tell us.

Tuesday, July 4th 2006, 6:40pm

by Wet_Boots

Most people just go install the valve and be done with it. Flow controls get throttled down, if you so desire. Nothing to agonize over. You could always click some links and find Irritrol's phone number, if it's that important.

Tuesday, July 4th 2006, 3:55pm

by MrPennypacker

Mine must be an older model. I have valves in the link below, purchased in June/06 and looks like still for sale at Sprinkler Warehouse. Anyway, what are the knobs for and what should their settings be for normal operation? Thanks.

Tuesday, July 4th 2006, 3:35pm

by Wet_Boots

If there isn't a lever around the solenoid, then you're looking at an older valve.

Tuesday, July 4th 2006, 1:43pm

by MrPennypacker

The solenoid doesn't appear to have a lever around it. It does have a white screwdriver-adjustment-only knob and a small black hand-turn knob. The only other adjustments that are obvious to me are:
1) the ability to unscrew the solenoid - to change it I guess, and
2) the ability to unscrew the entire top assembly (presumably to clean out the valve).

So, what am I looking at here, Wet Boots? (Remember, you're talking to a public accountant)

Monday, July 3rd 2006, 6:29pm

by Wet_Boots

Internal bleed is a lever around the solenoid. Flow control is the screwdriver slot. The 'thumbscrew' is the manual bleed.

Monday, July 3rd 2006, 4:56pm

by MrPennypacker

Help with Irritrol 2400TF valves

Ok, So I purchased a few Irritrol 2400TF valves from Sprinkler Warehouse. Could somebody please answer the following for me:

1) Which of the two screws is for internal bleed and which is flow control?
2) What is internal bleed for anyway?
3) For normal sprinkler operation, what should these screws be set at?

Thanks guys.