You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4552 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 7 posts

Thursday, June 1st 2006, 9:20am

by ufalco

my wife planted all kind of flower that are over taken the spray head.
i was thinking a dripp line for the lenght of the bed to soak the ground.

Thursday, June 1st 2006, 8:20am

by brad44

To cap a head, you have to completely remove it from the riser. In order to convert to drip you have to remove the entire sprinkler, not just the top or nozzle. There are several options when it comes to water distribution. You could use a six outlet manifold, it all depends upon what you are watering. Sometimes a manifold will do the trick, other times you have to run a length of tubing and tap into it with individual drip emitters to water specific plants. It all depends upon what you're trying to cover.

Thursday, June 1st 2006, 4:47am

by ufalco

guys sorry for barging in. i have similiar situation.
i have 2' wide by 30' long
i'm using a 7 srs 4" pop hunter head set on the side of the flower bed .
i'm currently using the pop-up micro spray from hunter
in the past i try the short radios from hunter
from all of the above i really not happy the way is working.

1) when we cap the riser would they still pop up or do i have to remove the head and cap.
2) on the head to be used for drip irrigation do i have to change the riser? the head?
3) what can i use to convert that zone to the drip system with very memimun work. is the six monifold from rainbird emt6 good choice for this and what else do i need.
thanks in advance.

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 10:18am

by brad44

The simple solution is to use drip irrigation and/or micro spray sprinkler to water the bed. You can cap two of the risers and use the middle one as a distribution point for the tubing. You will get much better watering and coverage with drip irrigation than a conventional spray. There are micro spray full circle sprinklers that you could mount onto the riser, but they would over shoot and water something you don't want watered.

Friday, May 26th 2006, 6:16pm

by dewayn

they are in the middle. thank you for the help!

Friday, May 26th 2006, 5:03pm

by brad44

Where are the risers? Are they on the edge of the bed or in the middle? It makes a difference as to what I would specify.

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 12:28pm

by dewayn

flower beds

I have a 2' x 15' flower bed that has 3 4" riser spaced between shrubs and was wanting a spray head that can be screwed on these riser that will also not give too much over spray. I tried some rainbird adjustable circle spray heads and turned my flow control valve down and the spray is not uniform at all. when i turn the flow up the spray radius is too much. thank you for the help.