You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4437 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 6 posts

Monday, April 24th 2006, 12:54pm

by SprinklerGuy

Yeah..because we've never seen that before eh?

I missed the part about the "bottom two parts" being bad.

Monday, April 24th 2006, 3:21am

by Wet_Boots

I hope it isn't buried, since it's an antisyphon valve.

Monday, April 24th 2006, 2:53am

by SprinklerGuy

Sometimes they can be a bugger....GIANT CHANNEL LOCKS....if the valve is buried it will be tough. I use a towel on the hard to get at ones...also what works nice is those vinyl jar opener things that they sell all over the place in the kitchen areas etc. One thing that can happen is you squeeze the retainer ring too tightly putting a bind on it and it won't loosen don't squeeze too hard w/ the channel locks.

2400 Irritrol valve?

Sunday, April 23rd 2006, 10:09am

by Wet_Boots

Got a part number on that valve? If it's something like 713DPR, then there are no special tools - just slip-joint pliers and your own strength. There is a Vise-Grips pliers that might work for you, with jaws that will give good contact, not that I've ever needed it for those valves. I got a pair of them at Home Depot.

Sunday, April 23rd 2006, 9:38am

by SteveH


I figured out that the top part of each side of the valve unscrews. Now my problem is that I can't unscrew one of the sides. I was using an adjustable wrench but it was just tearing the ridges on the sides apart. Any advice on what tool to use to get the top off, or tips to make it easier?



Sunday, April 23rd 2006, 9:22am

by SteveH

Leaking Valve

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I take apart a 1" sprinkler valve to get inside and figure out why it is leaking?

I noticed a leak in a sprinkler head and have determined that the 1" Irritol valve in my control box for that zone is letting water seep through. From reading other posts on this site, I understand that I should take the valve apart and look for debris or replace the parts inside, but I'm stumped on how to take the valve apart. The two bottom parts of the valve are connected to pipe, so I can't unscrew the whole valve at one time. Is there a way to take the top off of the valve? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks very much for any help!