You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4319 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 10 posts

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 1:41pm

by Wet_Boots

No one wants to vouch for the quality of Home Depot inventory. I have seen light-green-plastic versions of good Irritrol valves, but with their Lawn Genie name on them. This could change, and there are crummy valves to be had in that same color, made by imitators.

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 12:11pm

by indianya

I also have hardie HR1 valve and it appears to have a crack at the bottom. I want to replace it, can anyone suggest equivalent replacement valve that is easily available at lowe's or home depot.

Monday, May 21st 2007, 12:58pm

by Bill Painter

Just as an addendum, guy, the HR-1 valve is notorious for cracks in the valve seat.
Even with a diaphragm replacement, the valve will often continue weeping. Good sign of a crack. They're hard to see until the valve is out of the ground and can be turned in the light for better observation.

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 9:44am

by Pilgrim_99

I have exactly the same valve, I think. Went to local Ewing's here in Chandler, AZ and they sold me two R1359s. I was having trouble with the valve turning on (solenoids are OK). After replacing the diaphragm, everything worked OK for a while, but then I noticed the sprinklers were weeping, so I cranked off the screws and checked for debris, etc. All looked good but after re-assembling the weeping was worse. I swapped out the new diaphagm with the one that had never been used, and the sprinklers are still not turning off all the way, major weeping problem. It seems as if the diaphragm is just a hair too large for the receiver piece in the valve. Could that be? The valve also groans when it's on.

Any ideas gratefully received! Thanks.

Wednesday, September 7th 2005, 4:13am

by Wet_Boots

I'm not sure I ever encountered the Rainbird EV-100 version of the valve, which I'm guessing was the green version. I do recall a few red HR-1's

Tuesday, September 6th 2005, 7:11am

by SprinklerGuy

Wet boots?
Remember those valves in green and red for xmas back in the 80's?

Thursday, September 1st 2005, 1:51pm

by Wet_Boots

You will probably have to add that anyway, if you want to be able to sell the house. Lack of sprinkler system backflow protection is one of the things they can catch at a home inspection. Some of the devices can cost $300

Thursday, September 1st 2005, 1:31pm

by PinkFloyd

It ended up saving me quite a bit more than just the cost of having the valve replaced.

One of the local sprinkler guys told me that, if they had to cut the line to replace that valve, the city would now require them to add an anti-backflow device to the main sprinkler line at an additional cost of almost $400.

Muchas gracias to all who helped.[8D]

Wednesday, August 31st 2005, 10:13pm

by RidgeRun05

Glad to see that did the trick for ya. It is always a better feeling when you can complete the project yourself and save some money in the process

Tuesday, August 30th 2005, 7:13pm

by PinkFloyd


I followed Wet_Boots advice and I found that very same site (Kelly's Lawn & Irrigation Supply in Ft. Worth) via a Google search.

I ordered a diaphram plus a selenoid for the Hardie on Monday late afternoon. I had it in hand by lunch the next day (wow, that was fast!).

The new diaphram went in this evening and it did the trick. Didn't need the selenoid, but I'll keep it handy just in case (since I know that at least two of my other 6 valves are the same Hardie model).

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice.[:D]