You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4922 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 4 posts

Tuesday, July 26th 2005, 3:34am

by ckjones

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />A photo would help. If the solenoid is attached to the valve by two screws, it's a Toro valve.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This nails it: the solenoid is attached by two screws. A quick search of the Toro website shows that my valve is indeed a Toro 3/4" inline valve.

Thanks very much to both of you for your help.

Monday, July 25th 2005, 6:37pm

by Wet_Boots

A photo would help. If the solenoid is attached to the valve by two screws, it's a Toro valve.

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 8:22pm

by RidgeRun05

Sounds to me like it is a Rainbird valve. Check out
and see if you can find something similar to what you describe.

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 9:15am

by ckjones

Identifying a valve

I need to identify the make and model of one of my control valves. The bleeder pin has come completely out and got lost. So I need to buy a similar valve so I can swap in the bleeder pin from the new valve.

It's a black inline valve with no flow control. The housing has a flat top divided into (I think) eight sections. The bleeder pin is exactly in the center of the flat top. The solenoid assembly is to one side, next to where one of the pipes is clamped onto the valve (I presume this is the downstream side of the valve). I'm not able to see any make, model, or any other identifying markings.

The system was installed when the house was built in 1984. This gives some idea of the vintage of the components.

Does anyone have any idea what make and model this valve might be? Thanks in advance for your help.