You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4777 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 6 posts

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 3:42am

by Lakeview

FANTASTIC! I'll go check one of the others. This is great and has been a huge help. Thanks!

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 6:47am

by Wet_Boots

The 'black stick' is the center spindle on which the 'drive dog' would be sitting, if it hadn't been removed at an earlier time. A head without the drive dog is only going to spray a full circle. If you remove the cover from a head that's spraying a part circle, you'll see what you're looking for. With any luck, another of the full-circle heads you have will still have the part.

By the way, when a full circle head is no longer wanted, this hints at changes that may make preserving the original heads not worth the effort.

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 5:06am

by Lakeview

Thanks! But being a novice home owner, I don't know what a drive dog looks like. I can take off the top plate and inside there is a small black "stick" if you will coming up out of the inner area. This is the only thing under the cap. Do I simply turn it?

I've taken the entire sprinkler out of the outer housing, removed teh bottom plate but could not find anything "adjustable". There was a steal ball inside that moved between hard stops, but they were not movable.

Thanks again for replying!

Friday, May 20th 2005, 4:19pm

by Wet_Boots

They adjust the same way a Nelson gear drive adjusts, with a 'drive dog' underneath the cover. As long as the water pressure hasn't changed, they usually hold their adjustments quite well.

Friday, May 20th 2005, 2:47pm

by RidgeRun05

I can't even find any information on those sprinklers because they are so old. If all of the sprinklers are either 360 degree or 180 degree, they might not be adjustable. They might be strictly full circle or half circle, not sure though. Good luck finding some info though..

Friday, May 20th 2005, 9:39am

by Lakeview

Safe-T-Lawn Sprinkler

I just bought a home with an existing system with mixed sprinklers. I have several Safe-T-Lawn sprinkler heads and I cannot figure out how to adjust them, or if they can even be adjusted? They do not have model numbers, but some are set for 360 degrees, others at 180 and I need to change them. Does anyone know how to adjust them? They have a flat metal plate on top, pop up with a bright yellow housing. Any help would be appreciated!