You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4188 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 6 posts

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 3:58pm

by Stoessel

I now have two solutions that work.

1. Easy one that nobody mentioned: install a sprinkler head on top of the riser, and turn the adjustment screw fully clockwise. This effectively shuts the sprinkler head off. No cost involved.

2. Dig up the space around the riser and remove the riser. THEN the caps that responders were telling me to get will work. Those "caps" will not install on top of the riser. Not knowing what I was doing, I was asking for a cap that would accomplish method 1 above. Not available.

I ended up getting my installation contractor out to cure some other problems I was having, and he told me how to do the above. I did solution 1 and it did work, but since he was there anyway, he did the more professional job, solution 2, for me.[:)]

Thanks for all the responses. This one is now ready for the archive.

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 9:08am

by nestors

either a 1/2" or a 3/4" threaded cap.

Friday, December 10th 2004, 3:41pm

by Stoessel

I have been to hardware stores, Home Depot and Lowes without finding the cap. I bought what I thought would do the job, a 1/2 pvc cap, but it was too large. I can find replacement sprinkler heads of various kinds, but nothing that will simply plug the riser and stop the flow of water.

Thursday, December 9th 2004, 8:06am

by nestors

Remove sprinkler head it should have either a 1/2" or 3/4" thread place the threaded cap on and tighten down , you can get a threaded cap @ any Hardware store ,Home Depot or Lowes.

Nestor's Irrigation

Tuesday, November 16th 2004, 1:43pm



Sunday, November 14th 2004, 8:36am

by Stoessel

How do I disable an individual sprinkler

I have a sprinkler system that works fine. Trouble is I have now installed an emergency power system and one of the sprinkler heads is located close to the power system. I would like to permanently disable that one sprinkler. I tried to purchase a simple cap for the pop-up tube, but could not find one.

(a) What is the best way to accomplish my objective?

(b) If the answer is replace the nozzle with a cap, where can I get one? I believe the pop-up is a Rain Bird, approximately 1/2 inch OD.

Many thanks in advance for any help.