You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 5205 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 5 posts

Tuesday, March 23rd 2004, 3:01pm

by hossmartin

Thanks a lot for the help!

Tuesday, March 23rd 2004, 6:28am

by drpete3

You want this.
Rain Bird
3/4 (mpt) x Swing Pipe Spiral Barb Elbow
It can be found a sprinkler warehouse under fittings then under swing pipe fittings.

Monday, March 22nd 2004, 3:00pm

by mrwettech

You can also use poly to swing couplers or a poly 90 with the 1/2" female thread outlet on the ends of your runs. Just pull short of the end heads. That works pretty good.

Monday, March 22nd 2004, 1:36pm

by aquamatic

NPT: Abbreviation for National Pipe Tapered Threads Standard
MPT: Abbreviation for male pipe threads.

I dont believe Blazing Makes and end fitting. You need to cap the end with a barbed end cap . Then attach the standard blazing saddle a few inches from the end

Monday, March 22nd 2004, 10:54am

by hossmartin

Connecting Sprinler Heads

I am designing the sprinkler system for my yard and I am almost done. This may seem like a dumb question but I'm not sure what fittings to use to connect the funny pipe to the sprinkler head (Rainbird 5000+) and the water line (1" poly pipe).
So far everything I have read in the forum gives great reviews on the Tom King Blazing Saddle Tees so I planned on using them. My problem is where the water line terminates. I know I need elbows there but I didn't see 1" to funny pipe elbows, at least not on the sprinklerwarehouse website.
When connecting the sprinkler head to the funny pipe, do I use the 3/4 (mpt) x Swing Pipe Spiral Barb Elbow? The Rainbird website says the connection is 3/4" (20/27) NPT female bottom threaded inlet. What is the difference between mpt and npt?