You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 758 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 3 posts

Tuesday, November 15th 2016, 12:55pm

by mrfixit

That valve's cracked. There's no way to fix it. It's ready to break so it runs 24 hours a day until someone sees it.
Yep just replace the adapter/actuator part.
It's a super simple job. It'll take 5 times longer to drive to buy the part than to fix it.
Just unscrew the brass cap then unscrew the plastic actuator.
The only thing you need to be careful of is snapping the pipe while unscreweing.
There are a couple of washers that might need replacing. The cap washer and the float washer.
You should take the valve parts with you to the store. If you need a float washer you should go to an irrigation store. Like Siteone or Johndeere.
The valve might be a 1" but double check. Look on the side of the brass valve. It should say which. Or check the threads on the valve.
Any brand actuator will fix you up.
Good luck!

Tuesday, November 15th 2016, 7:45am

by Wet_Boots

Just replace the entire assembly that threads into the brass anti-syphon valve body. You are not supposed to be trying to repair them so much as replace them.

Monday, November 14th 2016, 2:50pm

by bluestreak

Hardie Hardie Hydro-Rain HR-1(3591126) Valve Leak At Bottom

From another thread, it appears to be The Hardie Hydro-Rain HR-1 as it has the Pat.No. 3591126 on the bonnet.
It sprays water out from the bottom(see picture). Looking for a temporary fix for now as the system will be torn out in a year or two.

Will this piece work for now as this is what comes up for this model:Irritrol R1308-Diaphragm Assy -100-1 for -Irritrol-Hydro-Rain-Hardie

Thank you much.