You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 932 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 2 posts

Wednesday, September 28th 2016, 7:03am

by SunCoLawns

I would assume you'd hook up by hooking up under that cap in pics 1 and 2. Not having a backflow of some type is troubling.

Tuesday, September 27th 2016, 5:19pm

by danb_2000

Trying to winterize underground sprinklers, but not sure where to hook up my compressor.

[img][/img] [img][/img] [img][/img] [img][/img]

I have a very rudimentary knowledge of plumbing but I've watched a fair amount of DIY winterizing videos and from what I have seen by taking a look around my home, these four pictures are all of the potential plumbing sites for the sprinklers. I don't see any of the typical devices where there would be the ball valves and hook up sites. I have a 4 zone system (picture 3) and from what I can tell there isn't any areas within that box to hook it up. The two pics (1,2) with the PVC are right beside the manifold and of the two vertical pipes, one I believe is there just to run a wire up. I suspect this is the part I hook my compressor to (just undo the cap?), but it doesn't have the typical RP or PVB system. The last pic is the main line from the city and the split. I honestly don't know for sure what the smaller copper/plastic pipe is, drainage? But I suspect that the ball valve is the shut off to my sprinkler system. Please lend me some help I would appreciate it so much. In pic 4, the pipes go into the studs and there isn't any part with a valve or hidden attachments as far as I can see.