You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 5274 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 10 posts

Wednesday, January 14th 2004, 3:58am

by SprinklerGuy

progressive electronics already makes something for this:

Station master Pro

Tuesday, January 13th 2004, 10:47am

by aquamatic

Tom- Exactly what I am talking about. Im sure something like this comes in handy at times


Monday, January 12th 2004, 2:47am

by drpete3

I cant remember the physics. Is this a parallel circuit or a series circuit? Good tip.

Saturday, January 10th 2004, 12:15pm

by Tom

You can make a very simply device yourself. You need 3 - 9volt batteries. Plug them together to create a 27 volt supply. Radio shack would have everything you need. I have one myself that I use to test solenoids and to actuate a valve in the field.

Wednesday, January 7th 2004, 4:46am

by drpete3

The only down side that I see is if the wire nuts are already on then they would need to be removed to make the connection.

Tuesday, January 6th 2004, 4:33pm

by aquamatic

Im sure there is something! That is a good idea! I will check with a heating and cooling supply house and get back to everyone.
I just thought such a device would be helpful

Tuesday, January 6th 2004, 7:02am

by drpete3

Just an idea but home furnace controls I think are 24v systems and (heating and cooling guys) they may have a devise that is capable of supplying 24 v to a valve maybe through alligator clips.

Monday, January 5th 2004, 10:53am


Never heard of such a thing.

Sunday, January 4th 2004, 4:12pm

by aquamatic

Basically a device that would electronically activate a valve to turn on.

I was thinking that maybe a high end power multimeter that might supply the proper voltage would do

Thursday, January 1st 2004, 8:58am


Like a valve locator?