You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 5387 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 4 posts

Friday, September 19th 2003, 1:03pm

by Rays Sprinklers

That sounds pretty good......for the whole thing./.....PGP is by far the best bproduct.........find out what valve.....i really favor the 2400T

Thursday, September 18th 2003, 6:08pm

by Spaulding

Ray - Thanks for the reply. I guess I thought 500 seemed a little high if the valve only runs around 100. My pressure tank is right next to the exterior wall, so there wouldn't be much to run up and out.
The company is installing 41 heads in 10 zones. They use all Hunter (PGP heads, 300i controller, not sure on the valves). They use Poly pipe (we are in northern IL). They were about 1700 cheaper than the local people that do it around here. This company is charging 3300 for everything installed minus the plumbing to it which is where my questions were coming in. There is a licensed plumber that lives down the road from me that already agreed to put the valve in for me, but I wasn't sure what to pay him.

Thursday, September 18th 2003, 4:09pm

by Rays Sprinklers

Normally 500 semms about right for a contractor to do the plumbing. If ou want either a watts or febco double check can be used (sprinkler warehouse sells them at a great price) or you can use the DCA if thats what the company uses around you. It is hard for me to give you a price for the entire installation becausse i will need to know the size of your lot that will be covered, and of course it would be an estimate. Definatly use 1" for the system regardless of what your main supply line is....this makes for adequate flow to the valves and then of course the sprinkler heads. What products are you plannign to use on the install?

Thursday, September 18th 2003, 4:06am

by Spaulding

Which backflow device and why

A few people in my subdivision have just has sprinkler systems put in. The company that does the installation does not to the plumbing in the house, but they do recommend somebody. I checked out a house that the recommended company did and I checked out a house that the home owner did it himself (atleast as far as everybody else knows :) ). Anyway, the recommended company put in a watts 007 dca, whereas the guy that did it himself put in a watts dual check valve. I should state that we don't have any city codes to abide by (we are all on our own wells), so I am wondering which one I should go with and why? I am thinking I go with the dca since that is what this recommended company always uses for sprinkler systems, but I want to be sure. Also, how do I tell which size I need 3/4", 1"...(I am not doing this myself, I am having a plumber friend do it, but he hasn't been over yet to check it out). One last thing, what would be a good price for the installation? I can get a 1" dca for around $90 shipped, so just for install, what should I expect to pay. The recommended company is getting 500 total. thought that was high considering the dca only runs about $100. Thanks for all of the info.