You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 5326 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 5 posts

Saturday, November 22nd 2003, 9:44am

by Rays Sprinklers

You can email them to me at

Saturday, November 22nd 2003, 8:04am


Pete, Ray, Thanks for your response. I looked through the link "Introduction to cross connection control" and found that the schematic for an AVB (automatic vacuum breaker) resembles what I have the closest. I am not 100% sure this is indeed what it is. I however have a couple of pictures of the device I am talking about that I'd like to share with you so that you can see what I am talking about. Is there any way I can send these to you? Thanx,


Saturday, November 22nd 2003, 4:39am

by Rays Sprinklers

yea im a little confused of the product you are trying to explain, try and find a picture as drpete said

Saturday, November 22nd 2003, 3:30am

by drpete3

Look on the Sprinklerwarehouse site under backflow and see if you can find the product you are referring to.

Friday, November 21st 2003, 8:12am


sprinkler antisiphon/backflow problem

I have an automatic sprinkler system, in my new home, with three zones. I have shut off the valves to the first two zones for the season. The third zone is on as I want to water a newly sodded area. The piping that prevents backflow (I don't know if this is called an ASV or backflow device) in my case looks like an inverted U about over a foot above the sprinkler heads. Lately, this U shaped plumbing pops out from the rest of the plumbing sometimes during operation and water gushes out of the pipes and floods the yard. The meeting point of the U with the rest of the sprinkler plumbing is not threaded but just plugged onto it through some pvc piping. I often pop this back in press it in place and restart the sprinkler. It works this way sometimes but often it pops right out, making me rush back to my IRRITROL control panel to shut of the flow. There is an octagonal brass lid that is screwed on top of the U that looks to me like it is openable, but I don't know what it is supposed to do, and besides, I have tried to open it only to go purple with effort! Please advise ASAP as I don't know what I have or what I should be doing. I don't want to lose my 2500 sqft of newly laid sod!! Thanx.