You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 1449 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 6 posts

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 6:29pm

by Wet_Boots

the 205TF is a great parts resource, as it supplies a bonnet and a diaphragm assembly and a solenoid, the bonnet being the prize, as it is rarely stocked as a standalone part

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 4:34pm

by mrfixit

I'm assuming the valve is attached to galvanized pipe.

What I do is, screw on a couple of galvanized couplings. Then I use plastic from there and glue the valve on. All you'll need is 4 male adapters and a foot of pipe.

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 4:04pm

by pelk (Guest)

Thanks for the responses. That's too bad... cutting the old one to get it off would work, but that's not really an option for getting a new one on! I have trouble imagining how they got the original one on to begin with, did they attach it before they soldered the pipe in? Is there a trick here that I'm not seeing?

The rebuild suggestion is a good one, the housing seems sound. Good to know that cannibalizing a 205 is an option

Thanks again!

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 12:12pm

by mrfixit

You can cut the valve in half if you want and unscrew the two halves separately.

Or how about rebuilding the valve. You can buy a 205 and swap out all the parts.

You can also buy the cap and float if need be. Cap and Float

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 8:37am

by Wet_Boots

the two sections are glued together and they will not come apart

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 8:10am

by pelk (Guest)

Does the 2713APR unscrew into two halves?

I'm looking to replace a Richdel APR anti-siphon valve; the current equivalent seems to be the Irritrol 2713APR. The valve is mounted so close to the house that the only way to remove and replace it would be if the two halves of the housing unscrew from each other. Does anyone know if that's the case? Here's the valve I'm talking about:

It looks like it might unscrew... but the old Richdel looks the same way, and I can't get it to budge. Maybe the plastic has fused or something? If the new one comes apart that would really make my replacement plans much easier, if anyone knows. Thanks for your help!