You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 2036 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 4 posts

Sunday, April 21st 2013, 7:10pm

by mrfixit

Yes, you can attach a garden faucet to the end of the quick coupler if you need to use the hose there.
I used to take care of a city park and they had quick couplers all over the place.. hmm now that I think about it maybe the quick coupler IS your sprinkler system.
That's how I watered the park. We had rainbird impact sprinklers attached to the top of the quick coupler. My mistake. That's probably what yours is for.

Sunday, April 21st 2013, 5:43pm

by LesBrown

Thanks for the response.

So, would there be any other use for that thing? Because, I don't know of a sprinkler system in my yard. But if there is and I just need to dig it up, that might be cool.

Sunday, April 21st 2013, 4:36pm

by mrfixit

That's called a quick coupler. You need a key to go into there.
Quick coupler key.
Don't worry about that thing. It doesn't have a thing to do with how your sprinker system operates.

Sunday, April 21st 2013, 4:09pm

by LesBrown

Wondering what this is.

My wife found this in our front yard. It seems to be part of a sprinkler system that some previous owner installed. When I flip the cover back and put my finger down in the hole, I would hit some sort of spring loaded thing and some water would come out. Although not anymore. I'm guessing there was some pressure in the line that bled off when I was playing with it. Anyway, it looks like you could put a sprinkler head on this thing. But I've never really seen anything like it. Unfortunately there's no obvious control panel or even a knob anywhere to turn the thing on. And I've not found anymore of these things anywhere else. Anyone have an idea?