You are not logged in.

Reply

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 834 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Message
Settings
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 8 posts

Thursday, August 16th 2012, 12:16pm

by Double_kyan

So far, I am leaning towards the Rainbird 5004 with a 2 gpm nozzle. The precip. rate is lower than the others, but it appears to be doing well. It seems to yield a finer blade of grass, but more dense. The I-20 and Toro T-5 come in second, but the durability of the I-20 seals the deal. Both seem to yield a thicker blade but not as dense. My main reason for the experiment is to determine the visible difference between higher precip rates (3gpm nozzle) and lower precip rates (2 gpm nozzle) as they pertain to a clay soil. I'll get more technical with my numbers at the end of the season, when there is time to do so!
.


Wow this is deep

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 6:42pm

by Central Irrigation

So far, I am leaning towards the Rainbird 5004 with a 2 gpm nozzle. The precip. rate is lower than the others, but it appears to be doing well. It seems to yield a finer blade of grass, but more dense. The I-20 and Toro T-5 come in second, but the durability of the I-20 seals the deal. Both seem to yield a thicker blade but not as dense. My main reason for the experiment is to determine the visible difference between higher precip rates (3gpm nozzle) and lower precip rates (2 gpm nozzle) as they pertain to a clay soil. I'll get more technical with my numbers at the end of the season, when there is time to do so!

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 8:03am

by GatorGuy

Initial indications?
Which is better?

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 7:07pm

by Central Irrigation

I currently have a zone at the back of the property used as a "test facility". 8 rotor zone that consists of Hunter, Toro, and Rainbird rotors. I'm testing real life nozzle performance/turf quality. I've already begun to notice differences in the appearance of the grass.

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 8:35am

by hi.todd

I understand, Backflow is great too.

Almost no body knows what it is.

What do you do?

I could tell you, but you would not understand.

:thumbup:

Monday, July 30th 2012, 9:27am

by wsommariva

I can tell them I'm tapping into the gas line for fun and they will say oh that's good.........

Monday, July 30th 2012, 8:49am

by GatorGuy

"Noone in my family cares about my sprinkler system,..."
Man, I understand that one.
I use my wife's flower garden to test different nozzles that I haven't used before so I have some clue as to what they do.
Her only comment: "replace what you kill." Which I have done. A lot.
And, of course, I always find something in the 20 year old system that needs fixing.
They quit asking what I'm doing and I quit trying to explain.

Monday, July 30th 2012, 8:41am

by wsommariva

Added three heads, learned something

Noone in my family cares about my sprinkler system, but I can talk about it here.

First I combined three sprinklers from two zones to one. Now an extra valve. I have low pressure. I used a 90 degree elbow leading to two heads. Sure enough they had poorer performance than the one head that had a straight line from valve to head. Learned something.

New zone is three Hunter MP rotators. About 80 feet of 3/4 PE. I cut the sod put it aside. Used a pickax for the trenches. Rock, rocks rock rocks. Took about 10 hours for the job. Needed 6 bags of topsoil to replace void caused by the rocks. Replaced sod. Flushed, adjusted then put in MP rotators. And........they work great. And I can probably add one one MP rotator if needed.

Phase 4 in maybe 6 years when the kids give me back their play area.