You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4063 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 4 posts

Saturday, May 5th 2007, 1:30am

by Wet_Boots

What weight was the poly line? What's the water pressure? A poly line from a well is not in the same league as a service line. Two different animals. The waterworks fittings aren't so expensive that you have to do without.

Friday, May 4th 2007, 6:06pm

by NCStateME

I just did this at my dad's house... We cut into his 1" poly line from his well and used a 1" barb x 1" barb x 1" Female pipe thread grey plastic tee found at Lowes for a couple bucks. We secured the two barbs with stainless steel pipe clamps and screwed in a Sch 80 male pipe adapter to start the mainline. Worked like a charm.

Wednesday, April 18th 2007, 2:45pm

by Wet_Boots

The best fittings for this job are the ones used by the water department in your town. They can set you up with what you need. Outside of them, you would buy a Waterworks compression tee, from the same supplier that sells to the water departments. Nothing else is as good. Really thick service lines, and high water pressures, go beyond what the barbed fittings and clamps were designed for.

Wednesday, April 18th 2007, 1:39pm

by alexnet

Tapping into poly service line

I'm installing a sprinkler system for my yard and need to figure out the right way of tapping into the 1" poly service line that goes from the meter to the house.

After researching, the right way seems to be a 1"x1"x1" Barb-Barb-Threaded (brass?) tee with double stainless crimp-on's on each side, and then 1" PVC to via threaded adapter to the sprinkler system. Is this correct?

Can anybody describe the tee installation procedure please? I'm a complete newbie in this and would really appreciate an expert advice.

Thanks a lot!