You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 2381 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 5 posts

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 2:11pm

by Wet_Boots

Steel would be "old school" compared to the PVC commonly used today, but if rodents are a big concern, I think you want metal conduit.

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 12:37am

by Mitchgo

Do you have 120/240 power to your pump already?

Boots- as much as I agree with steel used compared to conduit. I never seen steel used instead of conduit on a power line.

Generally Conduit is directly run from the ground leading into the pump relay box- particularly with the 120/240 wire. With the irrigation wire you might as well use conduit too, however a romex connection would do just fine too

Saturday, December 10th 2011, 9:58am

by Wet_Boots

K-Rain makes indexing valves, which need no wires. Controllers and master valves are usually at the house, so no wire needs to be buried. If a pump is out in the field somewhere, I would get power to it by way of wire buried in steel conduit.

Friday, December 9th 2011, 2:38pm

by charliew (Guest)

I meant relay not replay

Friday, December 9th 2011, 2:34pm

by charliew (Guest)

what type of connector on controller

I am installing a Krain controller outside and need to run direct burial cable to the valves. Also need two wires to the pump replay. I am wondering about what type of connector to use on the controller knockout? Living in Florida means to also try to keep the critters out of the controller box. How would you do this?