You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 2495 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 3 posts

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 5:20pm

by Central Irrigation

Otherwise known as a Flow-Span. Are you repairing PVC or Poly?


Poly-----Couplers, Pipe, and clamps

Should mention that Flow-span's are tricky to use if the pipe being fixed is curving and not in a straight line.

Another method is to use 2, 45 degree elbows if the pipes don't line up exactly even or straight.

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 11:34pm

by mike1059

repair coupling

If you go to home depot, Lowe's or any sprinkler supply house and get a slide repair coupling commonly called a slip-fix that will do the job. A slip-fix and a coupler will allow you to work in the area you already have dug-up without digging up enough pipe to flex in new pipe and couplers. I personally think the slip-fix is one of the best things ever made.

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 8:54pm

by nnhubbard

Repairing a leak with compression coupling. Coupling leaking.

I am repairing some buried sprinkler pipes and was told to use a compression coupling. After putting on the coupling and tightening, it starts leaking after turning on the water.

Is there another method of repairing a buried pipe other then a compression coupling? Is there a way to use glue?