You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 2516 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 6 posts

Friday, July 29th 2011, 10:17am

by Wet_Boots

Champion makes a brass spray nozzle that throws water straight up in a fan, to water strip areas. Get one or more of those for a cheapo version of a water screen.

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 10:08pm

by jpwdw

Thanks! I read the webpage. It seems that that mechanisms creates a screen that goes from up to down when the fog lays down. What I need to produce is a system that goes from down to up. In the first video I posted, the person who handmade created the screen wrote down the materials, these are:

3/4 pipe and proper fittings to cap one end and connect the other to a valve
pvc blue hot glue
valve (sprinkler preferred)
pvc pipe cutters
a transformer that puts out 12v to turn the valve off and on

I am a newbie when talking technical terms such as valve and the electronic system, could you please explain me what does he means by "valve (sprinkler preferred) and a transformer that puts out 12v to turn the valve off and on" ? Perhaps an image? Thanks!

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 9:19pm

by Wet_Boots

sorry, but aerosols are out of my area of expertise ~ I researched various water-only fogging nozzles for a special industrial application, and from the literature, I could see that aerosols could produce a finer mist by far.

Also, read this page, and see that this idea has additional complexities, with the screen being a "laminar flow" of mist, created by ultrasonics.

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 8:34pm

by jpwdw

Great!, do you know any model or nozzle that could do that job?

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 8:21pm

by Wet_Boots

Water fog is best created by aerosol methods, using both water and pressurized air.

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 6:41pm

by jpwdw

Projection screen nozzle/sprinkler

Hello folks, I am new here, but I have a serious problem and don't know what kind of sprinkler or nozzle to use to create a mist/water or fog screen to project images and video. I found several videos in youtube to what I need to create and I leave you all the links to see if you can help me create this handmade mist screen. Thanks!