You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 2777 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 9 posts

Thursday, June 16th 2011, 10:42am

by HooKooDooKu

...PS: where can I find codes/regulations regarding sprinkler systems, components like what kind of backflow preventers to use etc.

Call your local Building Safety Department. They should be able to tell you what building codes apply to your area, and possibly even answer questions such as what type of backflow is required in your area for irrigation. Don't be suprised if you discover a building permit is required (often is when ever you are modifing any plumbing/electrical/natural gas/sewage other than replacing a fixture).

The laws, permit requirements, and permit costs vary greatly from city to city. Some will require a certified plumber to make these sorts of connections. Some will allow any industry standard backflow preventer, some will be so restrictive as to codify a part number.

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 8:06am

by Wet_Boots

Couple of hundred? Depends on how cramped it is, and whether there are 'official' costs involved in moving the meter.

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 12:34am

by grey

Any idea how much would it cost me? Approximate number.

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 9:48pm

by Wet_Boots

Any competent plumber can handle that, albeit at the cost of some small amount of drywall.

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 8:45pm

by grey

Inlet is coming out from basement floor (bottom of the image), outlet going into the wall (right side of the image).

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 5:06pm

by Wet_Boots

Which end is the inlet and which end is the outlet? (I'm sure I know, but never assume)

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 4:04pm

by grey

I am at Spokane WA so we are neighbors. There is like an inch of space between water meter and the wall. Even if I cut into the wall I don't think there will be enough room.

PS: where can I find codes/regulations regarding sprinkler systems, components like what kind of backflow preventers to use etc.

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 7:57am

by Mitchgo

Have a irrigation company come do this for you. Depending on state regs , a plumber may be required for this

Sounds like you'll have to cut your wall out some?

Take a picture and post here

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 2:04am

by grey

How to go about tapping into service line?

My service line is coming into the basement and that's where my water meter is. There is no space after water meter to tap into. The pipe goes into the wall right away. I assume water meter has to be moved and more pipe added to accommodate for that? Who would do that irrigation contractor or water company?