You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 2581 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 7 posts

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 10:48pm

by Wet_Boots

if it is Rain Jet poly pipe, then that is CTS poly tubing, and sized to work with compression fittings

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 10:37pm

by Bill1 (Guest)

That is a pipe that used to be sold at Hugh M Woods or Builders Square, I believe it was called jet pipe and it had its own size fittings which aren't available anymore. You might be able to use a piece of 3/4 PVC and install it like a coupling and put two screw clamps on each side. It's not fun stuff to work with.

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 10:06pm

by Mitchgo

I just dealt with a homeowner system the other day.. The main piping was a 3/4" black tubing that was very thick and flexible.. My 3/4 barbed fittings were very loose and the 1" was too big.

I had to do a repair..

Basically I heated up the hose line some and stuffed a 1" barbed fitting , using 3 hose clamps. It was a very good solid connection/ repair. Though I told the homeowner that none of this is going to be warrantied if it leaks.

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 1:17pm

by Wet_Boots

Tubing usually has markings.

One thing, though, is that tubing can be expanded by freezing or too much pressure, at which point, it is no longer in spec.

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 8:17am

by turboschilz

It is standard black poly hose, looks like your typical 3/4" black poly sprinkler hosing found at Home Depot, it is just BARELY larger though, a 3/4" barb fitting slips in easily, which of course fits nice and snug in typical 3/4", which is of course causing it to leak... I stuck some calipers to it, a standard 3/4" comes in at JUST under 1" OD, this guy comes in at just over 1" OD, so maybe a 1/16" difference in OD... Any idea what I have, or if they make a barb fitting JUST slightly larger than a 3/4", maybe 13/16"?

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 10:52pm

by Mitchgo

Take a picture of the pipe.

What style of pipe.. Pvc, poly, flex hose, copper, galvi????

Are your fittings/ and or pipe slightly yellow?

You may have CPVC pipe and or you are trying to use CPVC fittings on regular PVC piping..

I don't understand your repair... 3/4 male adapter and a hose clamp?? ohh buddy!

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 8:03am

by turboschilz


Hey fellas, I'm new to the site and have an issue that I could REALLY use some help with. I've recently purchased a home and it has an older sprinkler system, probably 80's I'm guessing. I've gotten the system into 100% working order, the only problem is that there's 3 lines that need repairs from getting whacked with a spade or something, but I've cut out the small sections as I normally would, and normally I'd stick in a 3/4" male/male adapter with a couple hose clamps, at least that's what I've always done in the past. The problem is, the 3/4" adapters just don't fit properly, they're just a tiny bit loose, which is causing them to still leak a little, I've tried gluing them in with no luck, yet the pipe seems to be about the exact same size that you'd find in Home Depot (3/4"), is it a thin wall pipe or something? What is the best way to patch these up and have a long lasting repair that I won't have to worry about, of course short of replacing the entire lines? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you fellas....