You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4411 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 2 posts

Friday, May 26th 2006, 11:43pm

by Wet_Boots

Go for it, but make sure the new valves are still higher than any of the sprinkler system they feed, if they are anti-syphon valves. That's what an above-ground valve usually is, and the elevation differential is what protects the water supply.

Friday, May 26th 2006, 4:34pm

by swhite005

Replacing Control Valve

My valves are no longer working and need to be replaced (I checked the wiring and know that is not the issue). The problem is that I have a valve brand (Watermaster) that is not sold at any store local to me. I'd like to replace the entire valve rather than just the internals. I have two PVC pipes, approx 4" in length, extending from the ground which are fitted with male slip adapter. The adapters are screwed onto both openings on the valve. Well, the adapters are glued on and I am unable to remove them. Can I cut the PVC just below the adapter to get the valve off and then re-install a new male adapter with the new valve? Will this cause any problems?