You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4437 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 4 posts

Friday, April 28th 2006, 3:08am

by Wet_Boots

Strainer comes before the RPZ, and yes, you can get an RPZ with a brass strainer already installed on it. Personally, if I had to have a strainer, I'd special-order one with a 100 mesh screen, and really protect the RPZ (and sprinkler system, too) from any debris.

Air gaps are for connections to a drain line, and you don't have a drain line when an RPZ is installed outdoors.

Friday, April 28th 2006, 2:46am

by andrewikon

So strainer suppose to be installed right after RPZ where pipe goes outside?
Is there need for Air Gap if my RPZ installed outside of my house?

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 1:25pm

by Wet_Boots

Air gaps are for inside installs, so you can run any dribbling water into a drain line. The strainer is a form of insurance, to stop debris from messing up the works.

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 8:28am

by andrewikon

Air Gap and Strainer

According to our village requirements along with RPZ I need to install in-line strainer
and air gap. I'm thinking about Febco 3/4" 860 RPZ model. What is the in-line strainer and what is air gap? Why do I need them? Are there any special things I have to know about them? Can I buy it with RPZ at or I need to go to local plumbing shop?