You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 2884 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 5 posts

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 5:06pm

by bww

I went to a local sprinkler supply (Ewing) and they had a whole kit that just screws into the bottom of the regular valve and then connects to your 1/2" poly tubing. It has a nice filter, pressure reducer and connector to the tubing. Seems like the perfect solution for me.

Monday, July 12th 2010, 11:02am

by HooKooDooKu

Just keep in mind that threads come in different types, and you will likely need an adapter (hence the reason I believe for mrfixit's comments).

The basic types you will encounter are:
MHT - Male Hose Threaded
FHT - Female Hose Threaded
MPT - Male Pipe Threaded
FPT - Female Pipe Threaded

You will obviously find that what ever attaches to the hose bibb is a FHT. After that, the drip parts (regulator, filter, etc) could be either (and most likely, one of those is Hose Threaded on one side and Pipe threaded on the other).

Any threads associated with the existing valve, will be Pipe Threaded (unless so sort of adapter is already in place).

The thing to be careful of is about the only difference between HT and 1/2" PT is the thread angle. So initially, HT and 1/2" PT will seem to go together. But you should quickly encounter resistance, and if you force it, you can quickly strip your threads... so just watch out as you mix the two.
The main difference between the two (HT v. PT) is the angle of the threads... otherwise they are the same size. So if you have

Monday, July 12th 2010, 9:10am

by bww

Thanks, I am going to try it out and I can always switch back to the hose set up if it doesn't work out.

Thanks again

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 10:11pm

by mrfixit

I would say yes you can move it. Yes they have every imaginable fitting available. Sometimes a dripline valve wont shut off all the way because there isn't enough water flowing through it. Make sure you flush the valve out very well before hooking up the dripline.

Good luck!

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 9:08pm

by bww

Can I move a drip system from hose faucet to an unused Irritrol Anti-siphon valve?

I have a drip system hooked up to my hose faucet with all the filters, pressure reducers etc. I also have a free auto anti-siphon valve right next to the where the drip system is hooked up to the hose.

Can I use this extra valve to put the drip system on? Since the valve is going to a pipe that is capped are there connectors to hook up?

If this is not feasible should I buy a new valve that is made specifically for drip systems? I really would like to get the drip system off my hose faucet?

Thank you,