You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 2902 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 5 posts

Monday, July 12th 2010, 8:18pm

by Gary M


Today I checked all the local suppliers and no one had the union ball.

I decided to just buy a union valve and use that union ball on my old valve only to fine out the new ones are differant then the old ones like mine.

So I sprung for the $60.00 and bought everything new from the ground up, 'nuff foolin' around!

Excuse me, I've got trenchin' to do. :)

Gary M

Sunday, July 11th 2010, 5:56pm

by mrfixit

Apparently you can get just that part. It's called a union ball. I would go to Ewing, Hydroscape or John Deere Irrigation.

Type "union ball" into the search box.

Sunday, July 11th 2010, 1:25pm

by Gary M


This union is at the base of the valve and is used to connect the valve with the pipe that continues on its way to the various sprinkler heads in the zone.

When I put a pipe wrench on it to remove it from the old galvanized pipe the pipe collapsed and with it went the union. The picture does not show the sleave that completes the union assembly when screwed onto the base of the valve

I just came back from the hardware and have learned that a normal brass union does not fit on the Chanpion valve so my question is can it be purchased from Champion with out buying a whole new valve?

Thanks, Gary M

Sunday, July 11th 2010, 10:44am

by Wet_Boots

Photo, please

Sunday, July 11th 2010, 8:54am

by Gary M

Destroyed control valve union

My sprinkler system was installed many years ago using 1/2 inch galvanized pipe. A sudden loss of pressure indicated to me a re-pipe was needed.

When attempting to remove the union base (connecting the pipe to the valve) from the galvanized pipe I crushed the union.

Is this a champion part or will any brass union work?

Thanks in advance

Gary M