You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 3108 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 6 posts

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 10:18pm

by mlyttge

Thanks for the advice.

I ordered those valves and they're working perfect. Thanks!

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 7:38am

by Wet_Boots

Yep, the 205 valve is the only one available that can replace the working parts (and cover) of the old antisyphon valves.

Monday, June 21st 2010, 11:08am

by mlyttge

So the 205SF is the one I want, even though its a not a siphon control?

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 1:45pm

by mrfixit

I edited your link boots. It wasn't working. There's something wrong with the site. With the http:// on there the links don't work. If it's just me let me know. I don't have that issue anywhere else on the net.


Hey Mly, the valve might unscrew with the top half taken off. Most likely will. If not you could cut the valve with a saw so it will. Doing what boots suggested would be easier though. Buy a 205 valve. The parts are totally compatible.

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 8:40am

by Wet_Boots

Find some schedule 80 unions, and they will help you replace the valve ~ by the way, you can do a "guts" replacement on your old 711 valve by buying an Irritrol 205 valve

Saturday, June 19th 2010, 10:27pm

by mlyttge

Replacing a valve that has galvanized pipe going into it

I tried replacing just the top portion and guts of a Rain Jet RJ711 with the updated RJ54000 and it leaked badly from the diaphram. It seem like although the RJ54000 replaces the RJ711, the inner parts are not interchangeable. I would like to change the whole valve if it wouldn't be too difficult.

The pipe going into the valve is galvanized and the pipe coming out of the valve is pvc. There is another valve too close to allow the valve to turn (and the house is pretty close too). If I cut both the galvanized and the pvc just below the old valve is it legit to glue a pvc fitting onto the galvanized pipe? The plan would be to screw the fittings onto the valve then glue the slip ends of fittings onto both the pvc and galvanized pipes. Any other suggestions are welcome if I'm approaching the project differently than a more experienced person would.

Thank you