You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 2945 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 2 posts

Tuesday, May 4th 2010, 2:45pm

by mrfixit

Yep, Yardbird or Viritrol or Hunter or Toro or even the old Harpy valves should work. Pretty much any 24 volt valve.

Tuesday, May 4th 2010, 9:34am

by ayankyintx (Guest)

Are sprinkler valves universal?

My girlfriends house has a sprinkler system at her house and currently there is a bad valve causing water to pool in the low lying area by two of the sprinkler heads. The water still comes out of the top of the sprinkler heads after shutoff hours later. The control box is made buy viritrol and I noticed the sprinkler heads were hunter. Im about to locate the zone with the faulty valve and replace the whole valve since that seems the easiest instead of repairing it.

My question is can I use any valve....yardbird...toro...viritrol......or must I use the correct valve to match the system? Do the valves usually match the control box manufacter?....which is viritrol

Thanks for any help