You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 3445 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 5 posts

Tuesday, July 7th 2009, 7:17pm

by Wet_Boots

Pros rebuild this stuff on a regular basis, without anything more special than unions.

Monday, July 6th 2009, 12:10pm

by jimellem

Well that isn't good news. . . .but thanks.

I'll try to get a picture. Could I maybe use some flexi-pipe (polyethylene???) to solve this problem.

I hate having cottonwoods in my backyard!!

Monday, July 6th 2009, 11:34am

by Wet_Boots

In general, cracked manifolds from non-freeze-related causes are very uncommon. Lucky you. This is why you don't see them designed and constructed to allow piecemeal repairs.

Monday, July 6th 2009, 2:53am

by mrfixit

New manifold

I wouldn't go so far as to call the guy who installed your valves a fool. Most manifolds are built with the tees fairly close together. It may be possible to jerry rig your manifold but I can't tell without a picture. I highly recommend you rebuild the entire manifold. Use the old manifold as a template. Make the new one above ground then install the whole thing all at once.

Sunday, July 5th 2009, 8:59pm

by jimellem

How to replace a valve T


Actually I know what is wrong. . . .but here goes. . .

I noticed a growing pool of water near my valve cluster on a PVC 3/4" 5-valve above ground anti-siphon sprinkler system. After digging down to the PVC a large root had created a crack in the PVC, so it appears I will have to repalce the "T" that conects the water line to the valve. Got the root out no problem, but now a more sinister prolem exists. . . .

The fool that orginally installed the sytem put all the valves very close togeteher. There is no give in the PVC so I don't know how to replace the "T." So I can't get one of those handy expanding replacement fittings since ther is no room. I don't really want to dig out all my valves. HELP!!

Is there a good way to get through this issue?? Thanks.

Chico, CA