You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 2908 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The first post

Friday, May 8th 2009, 1:09am

by bbruck

more drip system questions

A need to order a bunch of stuff for 4 drip zones - part of a 10-zone home system.

Zone 6 hanging pots (4-5)

My hanging pots hang between 24 and 36" from the beam from which they are hung. I want to use a Foggers/Misters on 10/32 Thread or 1/4" Barb - but if I simply hand 1/4" tubing down from the lateral, in the past I've found that the tubing doesn't hang straight - it tends to curve - and then the head may not be oriented over the pot. What should I use to connect the fogger to the lateral? 1/4" tubing - if so how do I keep it straight? A different stiffer connector?

Zone 6 patio pots (6-8)

I want to use a Fogger/Mister on 1/4" Barbed Elbow with Stake. I'm a little confused. As shown the fogger points to the right or left - not up and down. What way does it need to point in order to spray in a circle to water the pot? Is the 1/4" barbed elbow what is needed to get it in the correct orientation?

Zone 3 other patio plants.

My irrigation company has a sprinkler head close by, and they simply put a riser adapter with a barb, and then are using a run of about 20' of 1/4" tubing with tee's rather than a 1/2" lateral. There is no filter nor a pressure reducer. Is this OK?

Zone 7 flower bed

Similarly, they ran from the head through a riser adapter to a 1/4" "lateral". Using this type of system, and needing to cover perhaps 8" by 20", can I use microsprinklers or spray jets?

Zone 9 1x1 garden (garden is 2'x18', divided by lathe into 1'x1' squares, each with a plant in it). They took funny pipe from the nearest head into an "octopus" emitter, using tee's where needed to get to each square. I was wondering if a simple 1/4" tape or laser drilled hose wouldn't be better. If so, what fittings, pressure reducers, and/or filters do I need?