You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 3858 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 2 posts

Saturday, May 17th 2008, 9:40pm

by HooKooDooKu

Just because you have a 3/4" meter doesn't mean you have 3/4" pipe in the ground. Here at my house, there is 1" PVC just after the 3/4" meter. The 1" PVC transitions to 3/4" copper just before it enters the basement.

But, yes there are all sorts of fitting that will allow you to change pipe sizes. When you're talking about PVC, the most cost effective way I've found is to use a fitting of the larger desired size, and then use a bushing for the smaller side. The bushing gets gluded inside the fiting, and the smaller pipe glues inside the bushing.

Saturday, May 17th 2008, 5:08am

by gsamu

A Newbie Question

I think that this is a basic question so hopefully someone can help me. My water meter is 3/4". How can I upsize the mainline for less friction loss? Are there specific adapters that can be used? Can I upsize directly from the meter so my RPZ is also upsized?

Thank you :S